Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NL combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
In this role you will be responsible for driving innovative User Experiences across our portfolio and be part of dynamic and growing Expert.ai team. You will work at the intersection of design and technology together with product owners and researchers, you will work in a product team to deploy a line of our products.
This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience in exploring and testing new design concepts, you will also use your technical expertise to assist engineers to optimize the implementation of those design concepts and components. This role at Expert.ai is a great opportunity to influence the design process, improve our customer’s experience, and drive innovation.
Headquarter is based in Roma; work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the job position and to the candidate experience.
What you will do:
As a Front End Developer, you will:
- Work closely with project owners and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development feature of our products.
- Refactor existing code to improve efficiency and keep the products up to date with the latest technologies, in an ever-growing set of development tools and practices
- Create prototypes to deliver delightful experiences and have them.
- Work with research to create prototypes for proof of concepts
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do
- Educate Engineering teams about design best practices and consumption, as well as improving accessibility in the UI
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products
Who you are:
- A Computer Scientist, HCI, Design with a degree or equivalent practical experience
- Expert with node.js
- Very good with common front-end development tools such as Webpack and NPM
- Familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools and self-contained environments (such as Docker)
- Proficient in understanding of code versioning tools and bug-tracking systems, such as JIRA and GIT
- Interested in design creation and implementing those designs
- Proficient in design software (e.g.Sketch, InVision, Illustrator) is a plus
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires independent self-direction
- Excellent with time management, focused on detail and a good team player with an open communication
- Able to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), because you are adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Expert and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe
- Willing to grow and learn to be best front-end professional ever
We offer you:
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- Performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of competencies, targets achievement and areas of improvement
- Welfare platform where you can buy services and goods