Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the IT team with a permanent contract.
In this role you will be responsible of monitoring the constant quality of the infrastructure and corporate networks, by performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computing systems.
IT headquarter is in Modena; work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the candidate experience.
What you will do:
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Analyze and suggest changes to test, dev and prod infrastructure
- Ensure utmost uptime for entire network services and servers
- Implement infrastructure security policies
- Provide consultancy and support for teams with various/different levels of IT knowledge
- Make policy recommendations for further implementations and development
- Develop and maintain an IT sourcing strategy and ensure the correct provisioning of IT equipment. Solve problems using in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions.
- Monitor constantly the quality of the infrastructure and support the management of network infrastructures.
- Ensure data is stored securely and backed up regularly
- Work on process documentation as well as backup and recovery procedures, data retrieval, network and infrastructure diagrams.
- Research, design and recommend new approaches to improve the networked computer system
Who you are:
- Expert about networks and their protocols
- Proficient with both network hardware and technologies and also with shared storage technologies
- Skilled in backup procedures for data storage and disaster recovery
- Expert about cloud environments and infrastructures, in particular Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- You have a good knowledge about firewalls and virtualization systems like VMware, Hyper-V
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- You have a good attitude towards problem solving and team working
- You have at least 5 years of experience in this role and a degree in Computer Science or Engineering
It would be nice if you would have knowledge of container systems like Docker and Kubernetes, and CloudFlare.
We offer you:
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
Performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of competencies, targets achievement and areas of improvement