Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language. With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference! We are looking for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Sales team in North America.
The Business Development team is the front line of the company, and this means that you’ll be responsible for helping us continue our meteoric rise by helping companies solve their most challenging problems. You’ll become a deep domain expert in your vertical(s). You will find and help develop new use cases and bring back insights from the market to help shape the future of Expert.ai. Finally, you’ll work diligently to exceed your quota while showing grit and determination in the face of any obstacle, because you know the Expert.ai team has your back and what we’re doing will make a difference in our customer’s lives.
What we’re looking for:
Empathetic, inquisitive, creative problem solvers who want to partner with their customers to solve challenging problems. Experienced sales professionals who have broad backgrounds and a strong track record of success who want to work in a rocket ship growth stage company selling to the fortune 1000.
What you’ll do:
- Exceed your sales quota by identifying, qualifying, and closing business for your accounts.
- Own and drive the full sales cycles from first contact through contract negotiation/close.
- Generate new prospects in addition to those internally developed leads
- Lead your Inside Sales team on the execution of outreach activities
- Present to customers and perform simple demos (face-to-face and/or web-based)
- Partner closely with the Sales Engineering team to understand customer requirements and demonstrate value
- Continuously learn about AI, Natural Language, and your vertical(s)
- Forecast accurately and update your CRM
- Travel as permitted/required to advance opportunities through in-person meetings and events
- Participate in webinars, trade shows and conferences that showcase Expert.ai expertise
Who you are:
- Proven track record of selling enterprise software to Fortune 1000 companies.
- You know the difference between Structured and unstructured data can explain it in plain English
- You think AI is the future and you can explain why AI and ML are not the same thing
- Comfortable speaking to LOB and technical executives. (CMO, CFO, CHRO, CIO, CDO, Etc…)
- Strong communicator who can earn customers’ trust and get them to open up
- Know how to drive a deal all the way through legal and procurement
- Travel as needed (potentially 50%)
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized Induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement