Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for a for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the I&C Delivery and Operations team with a permanent contract.
Work from home and flexibility can be evaluated according to the candidate experience, but only candidates based in Rome will be taken into consideration.
You could be travelling up to 20% of your time to our customer sites.
What you will do:
As a Delivery & Operations Specialist, you will:
- Plan, design and develop cloud deployment environments.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Install, configure and monitor Expert.ai products on customer servers or in SAAS.
- Carry out scheduled and extraordinary maintenance and updating interventions.
- Analyze, in collaboration with the project teams, the problems encountered by customers.
- Manage the licenses of Expert.ai products.
- Prepare operational documentation.
- Support colleagues for internal installations.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, AWS, Linux/UNIX, OpenStack, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Three to five years’ experience in the role.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Accuracy, perseverance and diligence.
- Flexibility and autonomy.
- Priority management ensuring the quality of the output.
- Organization of one’s work, following company processes and procedures.
- Curiosity towards new technologies and propensity to learn.
- Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Powershell knowledge will be considered a plus.
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape.
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language.
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance.
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity.
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement.
- A welfare platform where you can purchase goods and services.