Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for a for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Innovation Research & Development team with an apprenticeship or internship contract depending on the level of experience.
In this role you will be responsible for the implementation of the semantic network and in the development of language projects aimed at creating software solutions that understand the natural language of written texts including for example business and legal documents, news articles and short communications. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience in dealing with analytically complex problems while identifying logical patterns underlying the language.
IR&D headquarter is in Modena; work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the candidate experience.
What you will do:
As a Knowledge Engineer or, as we call them, Knowledge Engineer you will:
- Work closely with both our technical experts and in team, in order to learn the basis of our systems
- Learn and apply our proprietary language for programming and setting projects dealing with Natural Language Processing
- Contribute through your Knowledge Engineeric knowledge to the enrichment and implementation of our semantic network
- Perform tests and validations to verify the effectiveness of the implemented solution
Who you are:
- Someone with a degree in Languages, Literature, Knowledge Engineerics or Computational Knowledge Engineerics and ideally with at least one year of experience in computational Knowledge Engineerics
- Proficient in English and a second language between Spanish, French and German
- Able to work with spreadsheets, in particular with Microsoft Excel
- Very good at multitasking but also extremely focused on your activities
- Precise, careful to the quality of your work and always looking for excellent results
Basic knowledge of programming languages like Java and Python will be considered a plus.
What we offer:
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement