Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NL combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Innovation, Research & Development team with a permanent contract.
In this role you will be responsible for back-end development, writing back end code that is highly accessible and maintainable and implemented well-structured, reliable, maintainable APIs in a complex problem domain.
This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience in solving complex problems without technical assistance or supervision collaborating closely with our cloud product team and UX design team to build new features.
I&C Headquarter is based in Modena; work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the job position and to the candidate experience.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, test, and deploy production services and systems that serve thousands of users 24*7
- Work closely with Architecture, DevOps, Security and Compliance teams to achieve the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Facilitate collaboration with other platform engineers, product engineers, and cross functional teams to solve interesting and challenging problems delivering customer value
- Ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support our growing scale
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile environment
- Be a good team player, coder at heart, and problem solver in attitude
- Be a leader of the Expert.ai product developer community affecting and driving our architecture and the craft across the company
Who you are
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on experience in designing, building, testing, debugging and maintaining large-scale, high-throughput domain and event driven microservices based systems
- A progressive industry experience in building enterprise class SaaS platforms and applications is considered a plus
- Strong conceptual and hands-on practical understanding of distributed computing, streaming systems, relational databases, and NoSQL database systems
- Hands-on experience in enterprise backend stack such as Java, SpringBoot/Micronaut, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Redis, Elasticsearch, and MySQL
- Hands-on experience building services that involve multi-model services and multi-protocol integration making use of REST, gRPC, Avro/Protobuf, Parquet/Arrow
- Experience with authentication, authorization, tenancy management, configuration management, vault management, tokenization, payments, etc.
- Experience using tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience in designing cloud-native platform solutions on AWS
- Experience with observability and chaos principles, debugging, and problem solving, leveraging Grafana, Kibana etc.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems encompassing APIs, gateways, orchestrators, databases, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, configuration management, and security
- You have familiarity with and enthusiasm for software engineering best practices, including but not limited to testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- You have the ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed, and remote-first environment
We offer you:
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- Performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of competencies, targets achievement and areas of improvement
- Welfare platform where you can buy services and goods