Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NL combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Innovation, Research & Development team with a permanent contract.
In this role you will be responsible for working at the intersection of design and technology, closely with product owners and researchers, you will help rapidly prototype interactions, and multiple design elements to create delightful user experiences.
This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience in exploring and testing new design concept. You will also use your technical expertise to assist engineers in optimizing the implementation of those design concepts and components. This role at Expert.ai is a great opportunity to influence the design process, improve our customer’s experience, and drive innovation.
I&C Headquarter is based in Modena; work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the job position and to the candidate experience.
What you will do:
As a UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Work closely with project owners and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Educate Engineering teams about design best practices and consumption, as well as improving accessibility in the UI.
- Create prototypes to deliver delightful experiences and have them tested with our customers.
- Work with research to create prototypes for proof of concepts.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
Who you are:
- A Computer Scientist, HCI, Design with a degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Expert with and passion for user-interface design.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Illustrator)
- Expert with Node.js
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires independent self-direction
- Excellent with time management, focused to detail and very good with team collaboration and communication
- Expert about web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility
- A team player with experience working in an Agile development process
- Able to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- You have a portfolio of successful UX, Visual design deliverables
We offer you:
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- Performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of competencies, targets achievement and areas of improvement
- Welfare platform where you can buy services and goods