Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for a for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Site Reliability Engineering team with a permanent contract functionally report to the Head of Site Reliability Engineering.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting projects’ deployment worldwide, actively engaging with developers and other teams and contributing to the success of projects, ensuring that all issues are dealt with in the most effective and satisfactory way. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience the continuous improvement of DevOps tools/methodologies.
This role at Expert.ai is a great opportunity to give your own contribution and help us build new services while maintaining a large and growing installed base.
You can be based in Modena, Rome or Naples, while working with other resources that are geographically distributed across Europe and USA. Work from home and flexibility or full remote positions can be evaluated according to the candidate experience.
What you will do:
As a Cloud & DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Define and monitor the deployment process
- Deploy both on-premises by the customer and on our infrastructure
- Offer first-level support and triage of issues reported by customers
- Directly manage deployment and infrastructure issues
- Coordinate second-level support, engaging with developers and other teams
Who you are:
- A graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent title
- Expert of Windows/Linux operating systems with basic systemic knowledge
- Good in speaking and writing in English
The following skills/knowledge will be considered a plus:
- DevOps methodology
- Cloud Native Architectures (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring/logging systems (ELK Stack, CloudWatch)
- CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- IaC tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- AWS ecosystem
- Precision, dedication and diligence
- Priority management while ensuring the output quality
- Ability to organize your tasks according to the company’s processes and procedures
- Curiosity towards new technology and willingness to learn
- Team working will be essential since you will also support other colleagues
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement
- A welfare platform where you can purchase goods and services
*For this position, we take also into consideration curricula from protected classes/categories (Law 68/1999, Art. 1 and art. 18).