Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
In this role you will be responsible for inside sales activities, ensuring that all issues are dealt in the most effective and satisfactory way. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain experience as Business Development Representative.
You are preferably Barcelona or Madrid based, but if you are based elsewhere in Spain and work remotely it is fine, as well. You will be cooperating with other resources that are geographically distributed.
What you will do:
As a Business Development Representative, you will:
- Building and executing targeted outreach campaigns and all the necessary collateral – email, scripts, target sector decision makers lists – in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and the rest of the organization
- Identify key accounts and decision makers within target customer categories to begin the sales process
- Collaborate with the sales team to determine appropriate sales approaches to penetrate all targeted accounts
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to the sales team where appropriate
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects and regularly update company’s sales automation software
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Understand customer imperatives and communicate the strategic value that our solutions bring to their business
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate positioning
- Key Verticals: Financial Services & Insurance, Utilities, Publishing / Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Oil & Gas
- Geographies of focus: Spain
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record penetrating fortune 2000 accounts with conclusive enterprise software sales. You are accustomed to engaging with C-levels and developing mutual trust based on truly understanding and serving customer goals. You are at ease positioning innovative technology within the customer business, clearly communicating its business value and how it integrates with existing workflows and technical infrastructure.
- College degree preferably in Computer Science, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and professional experience
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in a Sales or inside sales capacity
- Experience in Lead Generation and Marketing
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience, including VP and C-level executives in IT and Business functions
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including listening
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Be highly organized and persistent in managing the opportunity pipeline.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Experience with enterprise search, semantic technology, analytics, big data, content management, database, and/or knowledge management applications is a strong plus
- Experience with the development of marketing material or in PR activities is a plus
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement