Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for an open minded, highly motivated individual to work with the R&D team as an intern in Natural Language Processing (NLP). You will collaborate with creative research scientists and engineers with a strong foundation in NLP, machine learning and knowledge graphs and their applications in areas like finance, science, space, and detecting misinformation. You will contribute to the mission of expert.ai in an exciting research and technological environment. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to create innovative NLP technologies in a growing and international company.
What you will do:
As an NLP intern, you will:
- Dive in the continuous development of the core technology of expert.ai, helping to build research and near-production natural language processing prototypes
- Implement NLP/U models using state-of-the-art methods and frameworks
- Use and extend text corpora and structured linguistic resources
- Work with and learn from team members across expert.ai, including researchers and engineers in internal and collaborative R&D projects
- Contribute to write high-quality scientific papers for renowned peer-reviewed journals and conferences in the field of NLP
What you have:
- Finalized or in the final steps of a MS or equivalent in NLP or a closely related field
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge of NLP
- A hands-on attitude towards programming
- Some experience with NLP frameworks in Python, like nltk, sklearn, spaCy, etc.
- Understanding of neural language models, particularly transformers and the Hugging Face libraries.
- Experience with lexico-semantic resources like WordNet, etc. and other structured resources like Wikidata or Dbpedia
- Proficient in English
- Excitement about collaboration and teamwork
- Desire to work at the bleeding edge of NLP
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily activities
The maximum duration of the internship will be six months, with a dedication of twenty hours a week (4 hours x 5 working days). Location: Madrid, Spain (hybrid).