Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for a for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Product Team of the Integration & Consulting department with a permanent contract as software quality assurance engineer.
In this role you will be responsible for products quality, through the design, implementation and automation of tests. Responsibilities include the development of test plans, support for product requirements refinement, test code automation, test development, and test report generation.
Work from home flexibility or fully remote positions can be evaluated according to the candidate experience or will.
What you will do:
As a software quality assurance engineer, you will:
- Support the product owner/product manager in detailing User Stories
- Support the product owner/product manager and stakeholders in defining User Acceptance Tests
- Design test plans for specific product features
- Choose the appropriate test type for a product feature (unit, integration, end to end, …)
- Check for product issue and relative bug resolution
- Support the Developers in test implementation
- Support the Software Automation Engineers in test automation
- Interface with product’s end users, manage and suggest product issues workflow
- Plan and implement product tests (regression, functional, data validation, system integration, load, performance tests) both for new and existing product features
- Work back-to-back with Developers to define an integrate test strategies while developing the code
- Plan, build, execute and automate test cases, working with Developers and Stakeholders
- Analyze and document test results, proposing corrective actions when needed
- Identify test optimizations to reduce and optimize total runtime and resource occupation
- Rationalize test and make them easily repeatable
- Develop and maintain test frameworks
- Provide support in writing APIs technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in math, informatics, or physics
- 3 years of quality assurance testing experience
- Experience with Java, Scripting languages and SQL databases
- Experience in designing and implementing test plans
- Experience with test management tools
- Knowledge of NoSQL experience and other programming languages will be considered as a plus
- Excellent English language skills, in both written and verbal form
- Ability to work in a team and to relate frequently to various stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities.
- Buddy system for each new employee, an onboarding and knowledge sharing method to orient new employees