Rockville, MD, November 18, 2015
– New Cogito Risk Watcher Applies Deep and Wide Semantic Comprehension for Easy, Fast and Accurate Risk Profiles of Vendors, Suppliers and Third Parties
Expert System (EXSY.MI), the leader in cognitive computing technology for the effective management of unstructured information, today announced the release of Cogito Risk Watcher a software solution for enterprise operational risk and compliance analysts that applies deep and wide semantic understanding and reasoning to terabytes of external or internal structured and unstructured information in order to build better risk profiles of current and potential vendors, suppliers or other stakeholders. By doing so, Cogito Risk Watcher allows for the discovery of facts, connections, hidden relationships, or other relevant information between different sources, providing multiple scenarios as data emerges for risk mitigation or threat discovery.
Third party providers in any business network or supply chain, can expose organizations to a range of dangerous risks as evidenced in some of the most recent and largest breaches. These risks, which can be hidden in any part of the supply chain, can result in legal or financial liabilities, operational threats, reputational damage, and more. In its most recent TechRadar on Risk Management, Q4 2015 (November 2015), Forrester Research identifies 13 of the most important technology and service categories for risk management, with third-party management and workforce risk analytics being among them. The report points out that “these analytics capabilities work to develop key insights so risk pros are able to proactively address risky behavior and take appropriate corrective action and even self-report issues where necessary.”
“The Information available through online channels and other open sources such as the web, social and mobile apps, is vast and varied, making it nearly impossible to accurately comb this massive amount of data to uncover unsuspecting relationships that may be destructive to a company on a number of fronts,” said Luca Scagliarini, VP Strategy and Business Development of Expert System. “Cogito Risk Watcher is a powerful example of why we say Search is an activity, but find is a Result. It can dramatically improve any company’s ability to find what is needed, long before the damage is done.”
With its ability to read content like a human, Cogito Risk Watcher is built for deep and wide analysis. Cogito Risk Watcher works by applying semantic understanding and reasoning to thousands of sources and millions of documents, and then narrows them down to the ones that matter in as few as three clicks. The intuitive interface provides for interactive data exploration with maps and multiple views of search results as well.
Key Features Available in Cogito Risk Watcher include:
- Rich discovery and visualization tools that allow analysts to navigate content in a variety of ways to suit the analysis objectives.
- Out of the box corporate liability taxonomy and critical event identification.
- Advanced target definition to allow for the creation of custom targets by combining organizations and people.
- Automatic alerts on target entities though the extraction of entities, relationship, and facts.
- Flexible and easy source acquisition that evolves interests or focus changes, and is natively integrated with certified sources such as D&B.
- Workflow management from collection, to case management and information distribution
As background, Expert System’s Cogito content analysis technology works to read, understand and analyze text as humans do using a rich semantic network to ensure complete understanding of the meaning of words in context and how words are related to each other, helping companies improve performance and achieve a faster path to financial and operational excellence.