The PII extension for the expert.ai NL API enables pinpoint identification of sensitive entities in large data sets to address the wide array of critical use cases where organizations need to retrieve, anonymize and extract personal data at speed and scale–with confidence
Expert.ai adds PII identification features to its cloud-based NL API offering, reaching a new milestone along its roadmap aimed to provide practical and powerful capabilities to solve natural language-based data problems correlated to the identification and protection of sensitive data.
Identifying and classifying sensitive information to protect customers, victims, users, or research subjects, as well as to comply with data privacy regulations, is a key challenge when performing analytics at scale across large document sets. The need to identify, anonymize and/or psedonymize sensitive data has many applications across different processes and industries such as;
- compliance with data protection regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) that aim to protect the use of customer data collected and held by companies;
- leveraging customer interactions for training;
- claims-related processes in the context of large-scale analytics pipelines in Insurance;
- specific patient information as it can be used in Medical Research and Life Science for research purposes;
- compliance with individual’s health information law (e.g. HIPAA) as sensitive data can be transacted for claims, benefit eligibility inquiries, referral authorization requests, etc.
The expert.ai NL API PII capabilities can identify sensitive entities such as name, date of birth, address, account numbers, email address, etc. all the way to IP addresses and geolocation. The PII extension provides practical help by classifying documents based on the presence and type of PII.
“The identification of personal information is complex and time-consuming, but it is often the first mandatory step before you put any large-scale datasets to work,” said Luisa Herrmann-Nowosielski, Head of Product Management at expert.ai. “The PII extension for the expert.ai NL API provides an effective solution to address security and privacy concerns, capturing personal data even if redundant or disseminated in various rows. This means that you can be confident that sensitive data will be identified for removal or anonymization while maintaining semantic relationships within large datasets processed by your natural language-based applications.”
Expert.ai will be presenting the PII extension for the expert.ai NL API – the cloud-based app that makes it easy for developers and data scientists to design, build and test Natural Language aware applications, during a webinar on April 7, 2021.