This is the third consecutive year1 that expert.ai has been included in the Gartner report designed to assist IT leaders in assessing how and where the new opportunities and methods related to the use of NLT can be best applied.
Expert.ai has been recognized in the 2022 Gartner Hype Cycle for Natural Language Technologies, which are defined as “technologies and methods that enable human-language-based communication between humans and systems, as well as the analysis of those communications.”
According to Gartner*, “Advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning are enabling innovative approaches and advances in the field of natural language technologies. This report will assist IT leaders in assessing how and where these new opportunities and methods can best be applied.”
This is the third consecutive year that expert.ai has been named as a Sample Vendor in multiple Hype Cycle categories, three of which are currently in the high growth “Slope of Enlightenment” phase. The categories include:
– “Ontologies and Knowledge Graphs for NLT”, recognized as “high benefit” technologies in “early mainstream” maturity. According to the report, “As investment and dependence on natural language technology (NLT) increases, ontologies and graphs will become a foundational approach for concept and relationship modeling.”
– “Text Summarization”, noted as “increasingly valuable across many use cases,” including for legal, finance, HR, supply chain, research, government and education sectors and for its “integration with applications like insight engines, knowledge graphs and content management systems.”
With more than 20 years’ worth of successful implementations, expert.ai’s core natural language technologies have enabled enterprises in Insurance, Finance and Banking, Publishing Information Services, Pharma, Health and Government Agencies to unlock the value of unstructured language data to drive better decision making. Expert.ai solutions provide a strategic, repeatable and transparent way for organizations to analyze and understand complex documents, enabling them to intelligently automate business processes and improve knowledge discovery with maximum accuracy, at speed and scale.
Expert.ai’s core natural language capabilities include:
- the ability to understand language by identifying the meaning of words in context (natural language understanding) out of the box;
- a domain-independent representation of the real world through concepts, related meanings and the different relationships that exist among concepts (knowledge graph & expansion);
- a combination of different AI techniques to address the full range of NL use cases, delivering tangible results in terms of explainability, scalability and accuracy (hybrid AI, symbolic + machine learning).
Learn more about expert.ai natural language technologies.
1 Expert.ai, previously known as Expert System before 2020.
*Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Natural Language Technologies, 2022,” Bern Elliot, Adrian Lee, July 11, 2022
Disclaimer: GARTNER and Hype Cycle are registered trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.